Written by Menswear Style
Get the Look
13th May 2019
Top Festive Picks in Men’s Ethnic Wear
It is time for the men of the family to join in the jamboree and look their fashionable best this festive season in Men’s ethnic wear. Why should girls have all the fun as far as fashion is concerned? You can look your best too at any occasion and explore these top ethnic wear picks for all the fashionable parties, evening soirees or happening weddings. If you are wondering exactly which ethnic wear to consider for the upcoming traditional occasion, then Shop latest men’s ethnic wear online and put your best foot forward, fashionwise.
Men’s Ethnic Wear Top Styles
Men should also start experimenting with their looks more and try different looks for sangeets, weddings different parties et all. These looks are great choices for the modern day alpha male.
1. Sherwani: Sherwanis are fit for royal occasions, the classic Indian wear that is the perfect choice for dapper men who like to experiment with new ideas of fashion and yet not let go of your roots completely. There is not only the quintessential sherwani that is a classic one but also the indo-western variant that can be paired with dhoti pants for semi-formal occasions. Grooms can cut a stylish figure in ivory and red sherwanis encrusted with gaudy zardozi work. Do not overdo the accessorising bit, a simple chain or a kada will do the trick.
2. Churidar Kurta: Churidar-kurta is one of the most popular outfits for men. The reason why
The kurta-churidaar combo is a particular favourite of most men is because it is so easy-breezy and is available in a range of colours and fabrics. Choose the cotton and linen ones to beat the summer heat in style or if you are going for a more formal occasion then select a silk kurta. Throw a stole and finish off your look with leather sandals and you are set to conquer new style goals.
3. Jodhpuri: What the blazer suits are to western wear the Jodhpuris are for Indian ethnic wear. It’s a fairly longish jacket and can be paired with pleated jodhpuri pants. This look is what is called the regal look, perfect for traditional occasions. Choose pastel shades, whites, powder blues, dusty pinks and so on. You need to choose a perfectly fitted suit to rock the look.
4. The quintessential white bottom: White is the safest of all colours yet it works every time, especially when it comes to bottom wear, they are the ultimate choice for most men as they go with all types of colours.
5. A dupatta to jazz things up: Dupattas can elevate your party look quite effortlessly and changes a look from boring to interesting in a matter of minutes. A colourful dupatta can gel with pretty much all types of indo-ethnic wear such as dhotis, pajamas or churidars. It is a striking look which never fails to impress.
6. Go Pastel This Festive Season: No more sticking to bold garish colours. Instead select the colour of the season; pastel shades. They are easy on the eyes and looks different among a plethora of same-old colours.
7. A Waistcoat with a Dhoti: Dhotis are your go-to bottom-wear when it comes to Indian ethnic wear. Dhotis look rad with different types of kurtas, especially when you pair them with waistcoats. Even contrasting waistcoats look excellent with your dhotis. Many stylish celebs are sporting them with panache, it is time for you to try them at your next traditional outing.
8. Silk Jacquard Kurta: Up your fashion game with silk jacquard kurtas. It looks stylish and regal and the first choice of suave men who like to have their fashion served classy and cool. Kurtas are available in myriad colours and smooth textures. Team it with an overcoat to jazz up the look.
9. A Punjabi Suit: The Punjabi suits are oh-so-edgy and fashionable and are the perfect choice for men who like to keep things simple yet stylish. It is perfect for men who can casually kick up a fashion storm with their sartorial choices. Also, wear it with the right footwear to notch up your look in the style-o-meter.
10. Painted Motifs: Hand-painted kurtas are the current favorites of fashionable men. Also, the look is what you can call absolutely individualistic. These kurtas sport unique designs and set you apart from the other staid looks.
11. Indo-Western Way: If you have a thing for western looks, you can break the barrier and marry the Eastern and the Western sensibilities with chutzpah. Here the silhouettes are Western while the designs are representative of the Indian sensibilities. What can we say? But it can combine the best of both worlds These types of kurtas are usually short and can be paired with natty jackets. These are the most comfortable way of notching up your style quotient.
12. Achkan: Grooms and groomsmen love this quintessential Indian piece of clothing. It’s what you can call a blend of Indian and Persian clothing, these are fit for grooms and groomsmen and are perfect for weddings. It is shape-enhancing and can give the impression of a slimmer silhouette.
Men can try all the looks listed above and give a fresh spin to age-old styles. Also, you can take cues from men from the tinsel town who are sporting never-before-seen-looks in great style. You can make a look your own by adding your very own distinctive style. So, don’t just browse around, press the buy button and hoard some cool ethnic wear for the upcoming festive season. You’d be rather prepared than caught dead in a has-been look! Time to refurbish that wardrobe of yours!