It’s all fun and games until you have to remove your individual eyelashes. While some women like strip lashes and have learned how to apply them in seconds, others prefer individual lashes because no one has time for daily application. Whatever the situation may be, when it’s time to say goodbye, resist the urge to pluck off your individual eyelashes since it will not only remove the falsies but will also damage your real lashes, leaving you looking permanently depressed.
This vigorous removal may cause discomfort and is uncomfortable. Life does not have to be this difficult. There are stress-free DIY methods to assist you get rid of the villain (lash glue) that has been preventing the extensions from releasing. Follow these simple steps to learn how to remove individual lashes while preserving your natural lashes…
Learn How To Remove Individual Lashes Without Damaging Your Natural Lashes
What You Need
Steaming hot water
A mild makeup remover
Olive or coconut oil
The Process Of Removing Individual Eyelashes
- Firstly, apply the makeup remover to take out any leftover makeup, making sure to completely clean all residue
Photo: Sora Shimazaki | Pexels
- Then, use your facial cleanser to thoroughly cleanse your face.
- Fill a basin with scalding hot water, then place your face immediately over it and totally cover your head with a thick towel to further relax your lashes and assist the release of individual eyelashes.
- Try to hold out for around 10 minutes.
- Next, soak a cotton pad in your preferred oil and gently brush it down your lash line in a downward motion (not side to side). Individual eyelashes should be able to fall off readily as a result of this.
Photo: Alena Darmel | Pexels
Note: Repeat the technique as many times as necessary until the lashes fall off on the cotton pad, resisting the impulse to add further pressure by plucking them out yourself.
- Rinse your face with warm water and blot dry with a clean towel once the falsies and adhesive have been removed.
- After that, use a face cleanser to remove any excess oil from your skin. After that, apply moisturizer to your face.
Photo: Greta Hoffman | Pexels
Instead of ripping your lashes out after a night out, use this method and save your natural lashes. If, after using this method, the lashes stubbornly refuse to come off, return to your lash specialist for assistance with removal.