Sadly, one other individual has handed away following FOMO Music Festival in Sydney. The outcry for capsule testing has intensified within the wake of Alexandra Ross-King’s dying.
The 19-year-old was partying with pals in 35-degree (95 Fahrenheit) warmth when she was take to the medical tent. Ross-King was then taken to a hospital, however couldn’t be revived.
This is the fifth dying that has taken place in NSW over the previous 4 months. The heated debate surrounding capsule testing has as soon as once more ignited. The younger girl’s household has even requested Premier Gladys Berejiklian to please think about.
Prime Minister Scott Morrison spoke out on the difficulty in saying, “We don’t want to create a permissive culture around drugs in this country. We have to remember these are illegal drugs.”
“I am saying of course all options get considered but ultimately you have to get the balance right on this. This is a state matter and I am not going to complicate that any by offering commentary on which is the best option because they have to make those judgment, but my heart does go out to those parents as Gladys’s heart goes out to those parents as well.”
Berejiklian was additionally just lately quoted in saying, “I want to make sure we reduce deaths and my worry is pill testing could actually have the opposite effect.”
It’s believed that Ross-King died after taking MDMA tablets, toxicology report pending. She was simply certainly one of 11 taken to the hospital over the weekend.
At FOMO music pageant, greater than 11,000 individuals had been in attendance. Police reportedly searched 146 individuals — of which, 54 had been present in possession of medication and three had been charged with provide.
NSW Health has issued a warning for MDMA and different get together medicine following the outbreak of overdoses.
Source: Radio NZ