Music festival season is upon us and it’s all about making memories that will last a lifetime. Those moments that are forever ingrained in your mind, with the bright, shining stages, your favorite act playing, and best friends by your side. Of course, it doesn’t hurt to capture these moments — just to make sure you never forget. This brings us to the most Instagrammable music festivals out there. Lonely Planet dug up the official music festival accounts with the most hashtags on the platform and here’s what they found.
The most Instagrammed of all is by no means surprising — Coachella, which thrives off fashion, flower crowns, and premeditated selfies. Over the years, the event has racked up 4.2 million hashtags and counting. With Coachella happening this weekend and next, it’s bound to take an even more commanding lead. Runner-up goes to Tomorrowland, Belgium with 3.8 million hashtags, followed by SXSW with 2.1 million hashtags. Ultra, Burning Man, Lollapalooza, Rock in Rio, Glastonbury, EDC and Bonnaroo round out the top 10.
Get your cameras ready!
Top 10 Most Instagrammed Music Festivals
1. Coachella, USA – 4,201,240 hashtags
2. Tomorrowland, Belgium – 3,844,374 hashtags
3. SXSW: South by Southwest, USA – 2,101,976 hashtags
4. Ultra Music Festival, USA – 1,415,663 hashtags
5. Burning Man, USA – 1,333,164 hashtags
6. Lollapalooza, USA – 1,079,499 hashtags
7. Rock in Rio, Brazil – 990,110 hashtags
8. Glastonbury, UK – 731,742 hashtags
9. EDC: Electric Daisy Carnival, USA – 719,352 hashtags
10. Bonnaroo, USA – 529,153 hashtags