This simple recipe from outdoor cooking experts Traeger Grills is wood-fired flavour, from the sea to your backyard. Simply cut a slit to butterfly the lobster tails, pour the butter mixture, then let their signature heat and smoke do the rest.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
2 lobster tails
8 tablespoons of butter
6 teaspoons of lemon juice
1 teaspoon of paprika
1/4 teaspoon of garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon of Traeger Fin and Feather Rub
1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley
1. Prepare the lobster by cutting down the middle of the tough shell toward the tail with kitchen shears.
2. Using your fingers, gently pry the meat from the shell, keeping it attached at the base of the tail. Lift the meat so it is resting on top of the split shell (again, keeping it attached at the base of the tail).
3. Make a slit down the middle of the meat to butterfly it open on top.
4. Place the lobster tails on a rimmed baking sheet.
5. Put the butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk in the lemon juice, paprika, garlic salt, Traeger Fin and Feature Rub, pepper and parsley.
6. Pour about 1 tablespoon of the butter mixture over each lobster tail. Keep the remaining butter mixture warm.
7. When ready to cook, set the Traeger temperature to 260°C and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.
8. Remove the lobster tails from the baking sheet and arrange them directly on the grill grate. Cook for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the meat is white and opaque.
9. Transfer lobster tails to a platter and serve with the reserved butter mixture. Enjoy!