Fancy a cocktail but want to lower the calorie intake? Well, these three suggestions do the job very nicely. From a new take on the classic Bloody Mary, to a punchy tequila, and of course a skinny champagne liqueur cocktail (it’s infused with healthy berries), this trio will keep the merriment flowing.
Ketel One Bloody Mary – Beetroot Mary
Vodka experts, Ketel One were elected the number one bartenders’ choice of vodka at the prestigious Drinks International last year, and they have come up with a quirky (and healthy) take on the classic Bloody Mary. It’s perfect for weekend home brunching.
50ml Ketel One Vodka
20ml Fresh lemon juice
150ml Beetroot juice – take a whole beetroot and two ripe tomatoes, and cut into quarters, then put them through a juicer
Pinch of rock salt, pepper and chilli
Small teaspoon of Fortnum’s Hot Horseradish
1 Star anise
2 Cardamom pods
1. Add all ingredients to the glass, stir well, add ice, garnish with star anise and cardamom pods in a spent lemon husk.
2. Sprinkle with dried chilli flakes for some heat.
Cazcabel’s Tequila and Tonic
There are only 60 calories per measure, with this light and refreshing tequila Cazcabel Blanco tequila and tonic. It’s fresh, crisp and there’s a dose of earthy agave, and when teamed with tonic the notes can fully be appreciated.
25ml Cazcabel Blanco
150ml premium light tonic water
A sprig of rosemary
Fresh orange slices to garnish
1. Add Cazcabel Blanco to an ice filled glass.
2. Top with premium light tonic water and garnish with a sprig of rosemary and an orange slice.
Pinkster’s French Twist
Brought to you by Pinkster Gin is The Pinkster Royale, their take on a skinny liqueur. It’s been designed to give your fizz a fresh fruity hit, and so, it’s a perfect addition to a chilled glass of award-winning Veuve Monsigny Champagne Brut.
The Pinkster Royale
Veuve Monsigny Champagne Brut
1. Add the Veuve Monsigny Champagne Brut to a chilled champagne flute.
2. Top with a measure of the berry-infused liqueur.