More than 100,000 individuals are standing up in opposition to the NSW Government’s obvious struggle on stay music. The Don’t Kill Live Music petition on change.org has set a aim of 150,000 signatures, a quantity inside shut attain.
The petition begins off suggesting — “Your music is under attack.” This comes as a number of music festivals and occasions are being downsized and even cancelled. Festivals like Mountain Sounds, which organizers declare was hit with an outrageous charge of $200,000 for police presence simply days out from the occasion.
Don’t Kill Live Music echoes such issues…
Overbearing regulation, exorbitant police payments, an absence of respect for NSW companies, and little or no recognition of the numerous optimistic impacts of music on our communities is forcing music out of NSW. The State Government has declared struggle on music and tradition in NSW, proclaiming that music and music festivals are high-risk actions.
Music is being killed off by Premier Berejiklian and the LNP. Festivals are being pressured to cancel or transfer interstate.
The Don’t Kill Live Music petition has a set of calls for, which signees hope are addressed…
We demand that the State Government:
– Stops killing stay music in NSW
– Forms a music regulation roundtable to overview all regulation impacting stay music
– Immediately undertakes a Regulatory Impact Statement for any regulation impacting music festivals
– Develops an trade commonplace with full transparency for user-pays policing and medical companies
– Works with the music trade to develop sturdy, efficient and achievable security protocols for festivals